If you have trouble breathing due to obstructive sleep apnea or another respiratory problem, then Philips BiPAP machines can help.
Philips Respironics, the largest manufacturer of CPAP and BiPAP devices, has several Respironics BiPAP machines that are meant to supply quality breathing therapy for patients looking to benefit from auto-adjusted optimal ventilation.
Philips BiPAP machines are effective, elegant, and noise free. They also come in a sleek design and have user-friendly features for convenience.
Notable Philips BiPAP machines for sale at No Insurance Medical Supplies, the authorized Philips Respironics dealer, include:
- DreamStation BiPAP autoSV
- Respironics BiPAP V30 Auto
- Respironics V60
- Respironics Trilogy 202
How Does a BiPAP Machine Work?
BiPAP, also referred to as a Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure machine, is a device that offers non-invasive ventilation therapy.
If you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD), or any other breathing condition, this machine helps you breathe better by pushing pressurized air to your airways. This enables the lungs to open up so that you can inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. The pressurized air also keeps your airways open, enabling you to continually breathe in enough oxygen while you’re asleep.
A BiPAP machine differs from a Philips CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine. While the former enables you to breathe in higher pressure air and exhale lower pressure air, the latter delivers the same amount of air pressure for inhalation and exhalation. Due to the pressure difference, it’s easier to exhale with a BiPAP machine.
You may benefit from using a BiPAP machine if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder
- Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome
- Poor breathing after surgery
- Any neurological disease that affects breathing
The use of a BiPAP machine for any of these health issues will not only improve your breathing but will also improve the quality of your sleep and also greatly reduce hospital admissions.
In addition to using a BiPAP machine at home for a chronic condition, the BiPAP device can also be used in emergencies to ease the symptoms of breathing complications such as heart failure. The device can also reduce the need to undergo an invasive procedure after an emergency.
Why Use Philips Respironics BiPAP Machines
Some of the benefits of using the Philips BiPAP machines include:
- Bi-level therapy - If you feel uncomfortable every time you use a CPAP machine due to the high-pressure levels, then with a BiPAP machine you’ll feel like you’re breathing more naturally due to the difference in pressure levels.
- Auto-adjustment pressure level feature - Some of the Philips Respironics BiPAP machines, like the DreamStation Auto BiPAP machine, have an auto-adjustment pressure settings feature that allows them to increase or decrease pressure only when necessary.
- Heated humidifier - All the Philips BiPAP machines come with heated humidifiers that help reduce nasal dryness. In addition to providing therapy comfort, the humidifiers are also removable for easier cleaning.
- Sleek design - If you’re looking for BiPAP machines that come in a modern design, then look no further than the Philips Respironics BiPAP machines. They come in elegant white colors with a digital display and a large, easy-to-press navigation dial. Besides, these machines are lightweight, making it easy for you to move them or even carry them along with you in case you’re traveling.
- Data tracking - Some of the Philips BiPAP machines have advanced data display and tracking features. You can track your periodic breathing, therapy hours, leak rate, and apnea-hypopnea index (AHI). Some of the machines also have Wi-fi and Bluetooth connectivity while others have a mobile app that you can use to collect your sleep data.
- Quiet - Perhaps one of the most impressive features of Philips Respironics BiPAP machines is that they are quiet. If you’re noise sensitive, you’ll appreciate how silent these machines are. Besides, with these machines, you’ll enjoy a good night's sleep.
Most of the BiPAP machines' related side effects are mild and are associated with the mask you may be using. The fit of the mask is crucial as an ill-fitting mask can cause air to escape, making the machine less effective.
An ill-fitting mask can also irritate your skin or cause some air to escape to your eyes, making them dry or teary.
Some Phillips BiPAP machines come with a mask fit check that will let you know if you have an improperly fitting mask. You can also get a full-face RespironicsBiPAP mask that minimizes air leakage and skin breakdown.
In conclusion, Philips Respironics BiPAP machines are worth it. They are high-end, sleek, and noise free. They also deliver quality BiPAP therapy to people with sleep apnea or other breathing issues.
You can get your BiPAP machine from No Insurance Medical Supplies. You can also contact them in case you have any questions about Philips Respironics BiPAP machines.
Notably, Phillips issued a recall notice for some of its CPAP and BiPAP machines on June 14, 2021. If your device is affected, you can register it here and follow the replacement guidelines offered on the website.